Our Simple Cooking with
Heart version of this American
family favorite is creamy and
delicious but is lower in fat,
higher in fiber and much
more heart healthy.
• 13¼ oz. whole-wheat, packaged
spiral-shaped pasta like fusilli (or ¾
( 16 oz.) package)
• 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, all visible fat discarded, cut
into 1-inch pieces
• ¾ tsp. salt-free, dried Italian spice
• ¾ tsp. dried thyme
• 15¼ oz. canned, no-salt-added
or low-sodium whole kernel corn,
drained, rinsed OR
• 16 oz. packaged, frozen corn, thawed
• 16 oz. packaged, frozen broccoli,
• 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
• 1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook pasta
according to package instructions,
omitting salt and oil or other fat.
2. In a large pan over high heat, add
chicken and cook until done, about
5 minutes. Lower the heat to low,
and add spice blend, corn, broccoli,
cream cheese and yogurt. Mix until
combined and cream cheese has
3. Add pasta, stirring to combine. (Do
this in a bowl if pasta can’t fit into the
4. Transfer to a 13x9-inch baking dish.
Cover with foil, and cook in oven until
fully warmed, about 15 minutes.
Cooking Tips: Double the recipe
for Easy Oven Baked Chicken
Breasts and use the extra cooked
chicken in this recipe for ease.
Keep it Healthy: Frozen fruits and
vegetables are quick-freezed at their
ripest, making them just as healthy yet
cheaper option than fresh.
Tips: Set the cream cheese out at the
beginning of the recipe so it’s warm and
mixes easily into the dish.
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
WATCH A VIDEO OF THIS RECIPE
Nutritional Analysis Per serving
Calories Per Serving 486
Total Fat 4. 5 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Trans Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 456 mg
Carbohydrates 68 g
Fiber 11 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 45 g
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart
Association. This recipe is brought to you by the
American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking
with Heart® Program. For more simple, quick and
affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.