• 1 medium ripe avocado (about 8 ounces), peeled and halved,
• 1 cup ice
• ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• ¾ cup frozen unsweetened wild blueberries, thawed, 1
tablespoon reserved for topping
• ½ cup unpeeled English (seedless or hothouse) cucumber slices
and 9 slices unpeeled English (seedless or hothouse) cucumber,
• 2 tangerines, finely grated for zest, then peeled and separated
• 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger root (peeled)
• 1½ teaspoons chia seeds
• 2 Tbsp unsalted almond slices
• 8 small fresh basil leaves
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, process half the
avocado, ice, almond milk, blueberries, ½ cup cucumber
slices, tangerine zest, ginger root, and chia seeds for 2
minutes, or until the mixture is creamy.
2. Pour the smoothie into serving bowls.
3. Cut the remaining avocado half into thin slices. Arrange the
slices in a fan shape on top of each smoothie bowl.
4. Decoratively arrange the tangerine segments, almonds and
the remaining cucumber slices around the avocado fan.
Garnish with the basil.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories Per Serving 152
Total Fat 10.0 g
Saturated 1. 5 g
Trans 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated 1. 5 g
Monounsaturated 6.0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 39 mg
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fiber 6 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 3 g
1 vegetable, ½ fruit, 2 fat
Recipe copyright© 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought
to you by the American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good movement. For
more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/recipes.
Did you know that in the U.S.,
cardiovascular diseases kill approximately
one woman every 80 seconds?
The good news is that 80 percent of
cardiac events may be prevented
with education and lifestyle changes.
Let’s unite – together we can
prevent heart disease and stroke.
Take action at GoRedForWomen.org.
DS-12388 GRF W Awareness Ad_3.6x9.925.indd 1 6/29/17 2: 41 PM