• 1 lb. frozen green beans (French
cut is best), thawed
• 10. 5 oz. canned, reduced-fat,
low-sodium cream of mushroom
• ½ cup low-fat sour cream
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
• nonstick cooking spray
• ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine
green beans, soup, sour cream and
pepper. Stir until well mixed and
bake for 20 minutes.
3. While casserole bakes, spread out
onion sticks and lightly spray with
4. Sprinkle flour over onion pieces,
tossing to coat equally.
5. Spray a medium-large skillet with
cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook
until crisply, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove casserole from oven, add
½ onions and stir well.
7. Top with remaining half and return
to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart
Association. This recipe is brought to you
by the American Heart Association’s Simple
Cooking with Heart® Program. For more
simple, quick and affordable recipes,
Nutritional Analysis Per serving
Calories Per Serving 77
Total Fat 2.0 g
Saturated 0.5 g
Trans 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated 0.5 g
Monounsaturated 0.5 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 138 mg
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars 3. 2 g
Protein 3 g
Calcium 80 mg